ELASTIC BONDING PLASTER
• CEKOL MS-02 is a ready-to-use plaster compound designed for performing bases on difficult, deformable substrates before smoothing and glueing tiles.
• It is recommended especially for wood bases, such as chipboard, OSB, plywood panels or planks.
• CEKOL MS-02 can also be used on concrete and plaster substrates, plasterboard panels, seasoned cement-lime plasters, as well as acrylic paint coats characterised by an adequate adhesion to the substrate.
• It is characterised by increased strength and high flexibility due to the fibre content.
• It is perfect for the so-called moving substrates.
• Intended for indoor use.
Instructions for use
Preparation of the substrate
Using a spatula, remove the remains of emulsion and oil paints, and loose grains of sand. The substrate should be clean, tight and free of grease.
Priming the substrate
Highly absorbent substrates should be primed with a deep penetrating primer CEKOL DL-80.
Preparation of the plaster
The plaster compound is ready to use.
Application of the mortar compound
The product should be applied to the surface using tools made of stainless steel. The next layer can be applied after the first one dries. The thickness of the layer should be max. 10 mm. Capacity: approx. 1.5 kg/m2 per 1 mm of layer thickness. Drying time: depends on the layer thickness and ambient conditions: approx. 6 hours with the layer thickness of about 1 mm (at the temperature of approx. 22ºC and air humidity of 30%). Drying time for thicker joints can be extended; depending on the temperature and humidity, it can be up to 2-3 days. Temperature of application and substrate: +5ºC to +30ºC.
After the initial hardening, it is possible to make adjustments using a sanding screen or sandpaper. Due to the presence of fibres, the surface obtained is not entirely smooth. For the final layer, it is recommended to use polymer coats of the Finisz type, such as CEKOL C-45 Finisz, CEKOL A-45 Finisz or CEKOL B-45 Finisz. In the case of glueing ceramic tiles to wood bases, use an appropriate deformable adhesive, such as CEKOL CS-12, and glue the tiles by applying the adhesive on both the substrate and the tile.
- The thickness of the layer should be max. 10 mm.
- Capacity: approx. 1.5 kg/m2 per 1 mm of layer thickness
- Drying time: depends on the layer thickness and ambient conditions approx. 6 hours with the layer thickness of about 1 mm (at the temperature of approx. 22ºC and air humidity of 30%)
- drying time for thicker joints can be extended; depending on the temperature and humidity, it can be up to 2-3 days
- Temperature of application and substrate +5ºC to +30ºC.
- The product has a hygienic approval