Use and properties
CEKOL Q-5 PRO is a cementitious adhesive (C) with improved technical parameters (2), with reduced slip (T) and extended open time (E), C2TE. The product is intended for tiling marble, granite, stone, and ceramic tiles to mineral substrates. The product is a flexible, frost- and water resistant adhesive for indoor and outdoor use. The product has superior adhesive properties. The product has superior flow-resistance properties thanks to a unique formula, which means that tiles can be applied from top to bottom. Recommended for tiling to standard and heated surfaces. The risk of tile discoloration is reduced by the use of white cement as the bonding agent. The product can be used for skimming and levelling surfaces.
The substrate should be clean, compact and free from grease. All residues of emulsion and oil paints and loose grains of sand should be removed with a spatula or a rough brush. Heating can be switched back on after at least 7 days.
Highly absorbent substrates should be primed with a deep penetrating primer CEKOL DL-80.
The adhesive should be prepared by pouring 1 kg of powder into 0.25 – 0.27 l of water (5 – 5.4 l of water per 20 kg bag), and then thoroughly mixed with a slow-rotating mixer until a uniform consistency is obtained. Wait around 3 minutes and mix thoroughly again. Pot life: around 3 hours.
Apply the adhesive to the prepared substrate with a notched trowel. For outdoor use or for better adhesion in the case of highly absorbent and gres tiles, the CEKOL Q-5 PRO adhesive should be applied in a continuous layer on both the substrate and the underside of the tiles. Heating should be turned off before applying the CEKOL Q-5 PRO adhesive to a heated surface.
in original packaging, in a dry place
- Meets requirements EN 12004: 2007 + A1 Cementitious adhesive for internal and external tiling.
- Type C2TE
- Bond strength: initial tensile adhesion ≥ 1 N/mm²
- Durability of bond strength, as: tensile adhesion after heat aging ≥ 1 N/mm²
- Tensile adhesion after water immersion ≥ 1 N/mm²
- Tensile adhesion after freeze-thaw cycles ≥ 1 N/mm²
- The adhesive should be prepared by pouring 1 kg of powder into 0.25 - 0.27 l of water
- Tile adjustment time 10 min
- Layer up to 20 mm thick
- Application and substrate temperature + 5°C do + 25°C
- Setting time for walking and pointing about 24 hours at 18°C
- Reaction to fire A1/A1fl
- Extended open time (E) adhesion > 0.5 N/mm² after no less than 30 minutes
- Slip (T) ≤ 0,5 mm
- The product has hygienic approval