Use and properties:
CEKOL Q-4 PLUS is a deformable (S1) cementitious adhesive (C) with improved technical parameters (2), with reduced slip (T) and extended open time (E), C2TES1. Thanks to its special hydrophobic additives, it is recommended especially for ceramic linings in swimming pools, fountains, balconies and terraces. It may also be used for ceramic, gres, stone and glass tiles as well as mineral wool and foamed polystyrene elements to bricks, concrete, aerated concrete blocks, expanded clay blocks, plaster boards and blocks, drywalls and stable imitation wood substrates. CEKOL Q-4 PLUS can also be used for skimming and levelling. Recommended for heated surfaces
The substrate should be clean, compact and free from grease. All residues of emulsion and oil paints and loose grains of sand should be removed with a spatula or a rough brush.
Hydro-insulation layer preparation
To ensure water-tightness, it is necessary to use one-component sealant CEKOL ZU-1 or two-component sealant CEKOL ZU-2.
In order to prepare the adhesive, pour 1 kg of powder into 0.23-0.25 l of water (4.6-5 l per 20 kg bag) and mix thoroughly with a slow-rotating mixer until a uniform consistency is obtained. Wait around 3 minutes and mix thoroughly again. Pot life: around 3 hours.
Apply the adhesive to the prepared substrate with a notched trowel. When working on heated surfaces, switch the heating off before tiling. Heating can be switched back on after at least 7 days. When used with highly absorbent and gres tiles, the CEKOL Q-4 PLUS adhesive should be applied in a continuous layer on both the substrate and the underside of the tiles for better adhesion. A hydro-insulation layer should be applied to places exposed to water leakages.
in original packaging, in a dry place
- Meets requirements EN 12004: 2007 + A1 Cementitious adhesive for internal and external tiling
- Type C2TES1
- Bond strength: initial tensile adhesion ≥ 1 N/mm²
- Durability of bond strength, as: tensile adhesion after heat aging ≥ 1 N/mm²
- Tensile adhesion after water immersion ≥ 1 N/mm²
- Tensile adhesion after freeze-thaw cycles ≥ 1 N/mm²
- Consumption per 1 m2 when using a trowel with 10 mm notches around 2.7 kg
- Tile adjustment time 10 min
- Layer up to 20 mm thick
- Application and substrate temperature + 5°C do + 25°C
- Setting time for walking and pointing about 24 hours at 18°C
- Reaction to fire A1/A1fl
- Extended open time (E) adhesion ≥ 0.5 N/mm² after no less than 30 minutes
- Slip (T) ≤ 0,5 mm
- Deformable adhesive transverse deformation ≥ 2.5 mm and ≤ 5 mm
- The product has hygienic approval