Use and properties:
CEKOL Q-3 MAX is a cementitious adhesive (C) with improved technical parameters (2), with reduced slip (T) and extended open time (E), C2TE . It is used for tiling gres, ceramics, stone and glass tiles, as well as mineral wool to concrete substrates, bricks, cellular concrete, expanded clay aggregates, plaster boards and blocks, drywalls, stable wood-based substrates and steel structures. Thanks to double fibre strength, new tiles can be applied on the old ones without hacking off. The product can also be used for skimming and surface levelling. CEKOL Q-3 MAX is a highly flexible, frost- and water-resistant adhesive for indoor and outdoor use. Tiles can be applied from top to bottom. Recommended for heated surfaces.
The substrate should be clean, compact and free of grease. All residues of emulsion and oil paints and loose grains of sand should be removed with a spatula or a rough brush.
Strongly absorbent substrates should be primed with deeply penetrating CEKOL DL-80 primer.
The adhesive should be prepared by pouring 1 kg of powder into 0.22 – 0.24 l of water (4.4 – 4.8 l of water per 20 kg bag), and then thoroughly mixed with a slow-rotating mixer until a uniform consistency is obtained. Wait approx. 3 minutes and mix thoroughly again. Pot life: around 3 hours.
Apply the adhesive to the prepared substrate with a notched trowel. In the case of heated surfaces, turn off the heating before tiling. Heating can be switched back on after at least 7 days. For outdoor use or for better adhesion in the case of highly absorbent or gres tiles, the CEKOL Q-3 MAX adhesive should be applied in a continuous layer on both the substrate and the underside of the tiles.
- Meets requirements EN 12004: 2007 + A1 Cementitious adhesive for internal and external tiling
- Type C2TE
- Bond strength: initial tensile adhesion ≥ 1 N/mm²
- Durability of bond strength, as: tensile adhesion after heat aging ≥ 1 N/mm²
- Tensile adhesion after water immersion ≥ 1 N/mm²
- Tensile adhesion after freeze-thaw cycles ≥ 1 N/mm²
- Slip (T): < 0.5 mm
- Extended open time (E) adhesion > 0.5 N/mm² after no less than 30 minutes
- Application and substrate temperature +5°C ÷ +25°C
- Setting time for walking and pointing about 24 hours at 18°C
- Tile adjustment time 10 min
- Reaction to fire A1/A1fl
- The product has hygienic approval