Application and properties:
- CEKOL Eco-Finisz is a ready-to-use plaster compound for machine and roller application
- The consistency allows for direct aggregate application, without the need to add water
- The product allows for applying subsequent layers with the “wet on wet” method, after the initial drying of the first layer (after it becomes matt)
- Easy to subject to manually or mechanically sanding
- The surface can also be adjusted with the wet technique, by slightly wetting parts of the surface and smoothing them with e.g. a polystyrene cube
- CEKOL Eco-Finisz can be used indoors in dry rooms, on concrete and plaster substrates, plasterboard panels, seasoned traditional cement-lime plasters, as well as acrylic paint coats with high surface adhesiveness.
- When dry, all paint types can be applied to it.
- It is a mixture of special polymer binders, mineral fillers, and modifying additives.
Preparation of the substrate
Using a spatula, remove the oil paint residues and loose grains of sand. The substrate should be clean, tight, and free of grease or other anti-adhesive substances. The new, seasoned cement-lime and gypsum plasters should be grinded with a sharp tool or a grinding machine to clear the surface of residuals of loosely bound grains of plaster and then cleared of the dust.
Clean substrates that do not raise any doubts as to their hardness are not required to be primed. Applying the plaster compound to a tight, clean, and dry surface (without primer) facilitates the drying and significantly reduces the time required for application of the next layers. If you have doubts as to the hardness of the substrate, we recommend the use of the CEKOL-DL-50 primer.
Preparation of the plaster compound
The plaster compound is ready to use. If needed, mix it thoroughly in order to make its consistency smooth, which will further liquefy the plaster compound and facilitate achieving the optimal flow from the nozzle.
Application of the plaster compound
The product should be applied to the surface with appropriate spray aggregates or with a roller. To smooth the applied layer, use tools made of stainless steel. The next layer can be applied already in the early drying phase of the first layer, after it becomes matt, with the “wet on wet” technique.
After drying, it is possible to make adjustments using a sanding screen or sandpaper. The dry surface can also be additionally sanded by wetting it with water. In order to do so, use plastic, fine sponge or polystyrene float. Painting can be started when the surface is fully dry.
- It meets the requirements of EN 15824 Factory made plaster based on organic binders, used for internal covering walls, columns, partition and ceilings.
- Layer thickness: up to 2 mm
- Capacity: approx. 1.5 kg/m per 1 mm² of layer thickness
- Drying time: depends on the layer thickness and ambient conditions: approx. 6 hours with layer thickness of about 1 mm (at approx. 22°C and humidity 30%)
- Temperature of application and substrate: +5ºC to +30ºC
- Reaction to fire: A2
- Adhesion: ≥ 1.1 MPa